Official Start of Summer
Memorial Day weekend is the official start of summer. In Charleston it means many things:
- Get to the beach early if you want a parking space.
- If you don’t start quickly at a red light you will get honked by someone from “off”. They don’t know our horns aren’t used in Charleston.
- It’s snake mating season. Watch out.
- It’s alligator mating season. Watch out.
- Prepare to wait for a table outside at Poe’s.
- The hotter it gets the grumpier people get at the grocery store.
- No shirt, no shoes, it’s ok.
- Shag time.
- Our state bird is the mosquito.
- Enjoy the summer.